So I've discovered something tonight about my cat. He is PUSHY!!
Ever since I had to go away for a week, he's afraid I'll leave him again every time I walk out of the apartment. When I come home his says, "meow merrow meow meow" which in kitty language means, "Pick me up, love me, why did you leave me, hey."
He was so pushy today that he demanded I pick him up and hold him while I removed laundry from the washer and placed it in the dryer. Men...pffffft. After I changed over the wash, I placed him on the floor so that I might fold some of the clean laundry. A sock fell off of the dryer onto the floor before him. That's when I discovered I'M crazy....
I quicky reached down and snatched the sock off of the floor and said, "hahahaha...see, you'll never be quicker than me for I am on the top of the food chain." The moment those words came out of my mouth I paused and thought, " this is it, I'm officially the crazy cat lady. Here I am challenging a cat about his level of superiority in the circle of life. I.... have..... no..... life."
Despite that sudden epiphany about myself, I proceeded to the kitten and started to make dinner. And no, I can't cook dinner while holding a cat, so I left him on the floor. He said, "Merrow, merrow, meow rrrow, rrow," translation, "what are you doing, why aren't I being held, stop doing that, hold me." Obviously I didn't....he jumped onto the kitchen counter for the first time in his life...I was so shocked. I immediately put him back on the floor with a stern NO and continued working.
He then tried to challenge my authority by bending the rule. He didn't jump directly from the floor to the counter, he climbed a chair in the living room and leaped the expanse to the ledge above the counter, slid off because of the trajectory of cat verses small ledge and angle, onto the counter to the floor. Then, he jumped on the stove....NOOO I yelled, DANGER (it was hot).
I offered a piece of chicken as a piece offering to which he sniffed at and left on the floor and said, "Raaaow." Meaning, "Toooo many spices." Oh well....right now I'm eating my too spicy chicken dinner with a cat in my lap complaining that I'm eating and not petting him.
What are y'all doing?
Am I really that crazy cat lady?
Ta ta for now!!
I'll add a picture of him later!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Miss Katy,
ReplyDeleteAll Cats are pushy....male or female!
Frady demands I open the Cat Door for him even though he goes in out and out by himself when I am not there to open it for him.
Weather looks good next weekend....thinking about taking the boat over to Wrightsville Beach on Friday and anchor out for the weekend....maybe get into the ocean and get the sails up.
Cheers,
Ralph